Superior Insurance – Travis McCray Agency offers quality health insurance, life insurance, and retirement solutions to residents of Charlotte, Greenville, Concord, and the surrounding North Carolina communities. We offer multiple quotes from the industries top insurance carriers so that you can select an affordable policy that meets your specific needs.
The Affordable Care Act requires all Americans to carry health insurance. Policies must meet specific requirements and if these requirements are not met, or if an individual is uninsured, they may be faced with a tax penalty.
Open Enrollment for 2017 has ended, but you may still be able to obtain coverage. If an individual or family experiences a qualifying event, they may be able to get health insurance. Qualifying events include major life changes such as marriage, having a child, or permanent relocation. Short-term insurance may also be available for those who have not had a qualifying event.
Common health insurance plans include:
- PPO – Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans allow you to use provider both in and out of the plan’s network. Out-of-network providers will cost you more out of pocket.
- HMO – Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plans require you to receive care from doctors that work with the HMO. Out-of-network care is typically not covered.
- EPO – Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO) plans require an individual to get their health care from doctors or hospitals in the plan’s network.
Life insurance is an important financial investment that allows you to care for your loved ones even after you have passed. A general rule of thumb is that a life insurance policy should provide a benefit of approximately 8 to 10 times the breadwinner’s yearly income. Employer-offered life insurance may only offer up to a single year of income. Superior Insurance – Travis McCray Agency can help you select a life insurance policy that will provide your family with the protection they need.
Life Insurance Options
- Term Life Insurance – Coverage for a set period of time, usually from 5-30 years. Term Life Insurance tends to be one of the more affordable policy options.
- Permanent Life Insurance – Coverage for a lifetime and can often include an investment component. Permanent Life Insurance is generally more expensive than Term Life Insurance. Universal Life, Variable Life, and Variable Universal Life are common variations of permanent life insurance.
You will want to take into account all possible expenses your loved ones may be faced with when you are shopping for a life insurance policy. Be sure to consider things such as medical expenses, burial costs, mortgages, and retirement costs. You should also re-evaluate your life insurance plan after major life events such as the birth of a child, purchase of a home, or marriage.
Retirement should be a stress-free period in your life and a time spent doing the things you want to do. By properly planning for the future, you can ensure that your days in retirement are enjoyed and not spent worrying about money. Superior Insurance – Travis McCray Agency offers a variety of financial products and services to help you with all your money management needs including mutual funds, IRAs, fixed and variable annuities, financial analysis, estate analysis, risk management, and more. We will take the time to understand your unique retirement goals to offer you a retirement solution that lets you live your life to the fullest during retirement.
Superior Insurance – Travis McCray Agency offers health insurance, life insurance, and retirement solutions throughout Charlotte, Greenville, Concord, and the surrounding North Carolina areas. Contact us today for a free quote or to find out more information about our products and services!